I love using up different ingredients in my kitchen! I had two different types of tomatoes and was craving whole wheat pasta, so I came up with this recipe to use ’em up. The current list of ingredients is for one serving, so feel free to modify/double/triple the recipe to feed as many people as you’d like.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the basil, rosemary, tomatoes, and garlic to the desired texture as specified in the ingredients.
- Arrange the tomatoes and garlic onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Put the tomatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water and cook and drain the whole wheat pasta according to its instructions.
- Once the tomatoes and pasta are done, spoon the tomato mixture over the whole wheat pasta.
- Sprinkle the pasta with the cheese of your choice (I had parmesan on hand but mozzarella would be good, too), the chopped basil, and red pepper flakes.
Here’s the finished product! I really enjoyed being able to use up the last of some of my food and making it into this delicious recipe! It took less than 30 minutes and can be made with any other offhand ingredients you might have in your kitchen. You could add a variety of different vegetables, herbs and cheeses. I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I did!