Quick Mexican Brown Rice
Here is a quick Mexican brown rice recipe that you can make in under 10 minutes! All you will need is 3 simple ingredients: spinach, brown rice, and a salsa of your choosing.
Here are some fun facts about Spinach:
- Spinach is composed 30% of protein
- In 100g of spinach, there is 3g of protein, 188% of your value of vitamin A, and 604% of you daily value of vitamin K.
- Spinach contains flavonoids which are phytonutrients that protects the body from cancer, especially prostate cancer.
- The carotenoids in spinach help prevent eye diseases such as cataracts.
- The vitamin K in spinach helps promote strong bones.
There’s a reason Popeye ate so much of this stuff! It’s AMAZING for you.
This meal is great when you’re in a time crunch or just don’t feel like cooking. Whoever said fast food wasn’t healthy?
1 – 7.4 oz. package of Minsley Cooked Brown Rice (1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice)
1-2 handfuls of spinach chopped
1/2-3/4 cup of salsa
Try and make a big batch of brown rice at the beginning of the week and put it in the refrigerator so it will last you all week. You can also buy Minsley brown rice which only takes 90 seconds to cook in the microwave! You can easily buy Minsley Cooked Brown Rice online. I always try to keep some brown rice, quinoa, millet, or wheat berries in the fridge just in case i’m in a time crunch and don’t have time to wait around for rice to cook! It’s easy to do on Sunday before the work week starts and will definately make dinners easier after a long day at work.
After you heat up your rice, just throw 1-2 huge handfuls of spinach on their and top with salsa, and your done!
Categories:Lunches & DinnersSides & Snacksadmin