Bad news: Skincare products can cost a pretty penny.
Good news: You don’t have these products.
Buying products to prevent and/or treat acne adds up and what’s worse, these products may not even work. It can be a long process of trial and error before you buy that holy grail product For the budget-conscious, here are some acne remedies concocted in the kitchen. These remedies may even prove to be more effective than those counter products you’ve been buying since you were a teen. As much as possible, you don’t want to get laser treatments for skin when you’re older so here is a list of things you can do in your kitchen to treat those pesky pimples.
1. Using a small cotton swab, apply apple cider vinegar over the affected areas only. Let it dry and for best results, don’t rinse off and apply daily.
2. With a quarter of a lemon, squeeze the juice from it and apply on unwanted spots or blemishes. This should be applied at night and never at daytime when skin is exposed to sunlight. Lemon juice makes the skin photosensitive and can cause more skin problems instead of the opposite.
3. Condiments are not only a staple to some food choices but can also be a staple in your skin regimen. With or without honey, put mustard on your face. Let it set for 10-15 minutes then rinse off.
4. Eating vegetables are good for the health and applying them are great for the skin, too. Carrots can be smashed and turned into face masks. Red tomatoes which are rich in vitamins, antioxidants and folic acid can also be smashed and applied on the face. Don’t forget to rinse off your veggie masks.
5. Garlic has medicinal properties which include fighting off acne. Cut a clove into two and it on pimples. To get more juice from it, simply crush with a mortar and pestle.
6. Yeast, baking soda and water – mix one tablespoon of each in a small cup or bowl. Apply the paste on face and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water afterwards.
7. Potatoes are cheap and easy to use in treating all kinds of acne. If you suffer from blemishes, whiteheads and blackheads, get a potato slice and rub all over the face. It gets rid of dark spots because of its mild bleaching properties.
8. Blackheads are hard to remove but radish seeds can do the trick. Grind a few radish seeds until it becomes a paste. Rub on areas where blackheads are apparent.