- 1 whole wheat pizza crust, approximately 13 inch diameter
- ¼ to ½ cup marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (your choice of color)
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 small can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 small can olives
I don’t know about you, but I am a huge sucker for vegetarian pizza. I could eat it all the time! It is one of my favorite foods, and I have figured out a healthy recipe! I really try to eat healthy for the majority of my meals, and this just adds to my healthiness. I used my vegan marinara sauce and lots of fresh veggies to top off this delight!
Tip: I like to use the Kabuli whole wheat pizza crust which is low fat, has no cholesterol, and no preservatives, but you can use any whole wheat pizza crust. Check with your local Whole Foods to see if they carry the Kabuli pizza crust if you would like to use it.
1) Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) Take the whole wheat pizza crust and put on your desired amount of sauce. I like to keep the sauce light so the pizza doesn’t get soggy and seem so thick. You may want to use my vegetarian mariana sauce. If you would like to have cheese on your pizza, put it on after you put the marinara sauce on.
4) Place the pizza on a cookie sheet, and put in the oven for 12 minutes. If you want it to be a little crispier, you can broil the pizza at the end for around 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5) Now the pizza is ready!
My pizza smells so delicious and I can’t wait to take a bite! Please leave feedback on how you made the pizza, if you made any changes, and whether you liked it. I hope you enjoy!