- 1 cup of unbleached 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses(optional)
Okay so next to oatmeal, pancakes are one of my absolute favorite breakfast recipes! So this recipe combines the best of both worlds as it has heart-healthy oatmeal and there are NO added fats or oils so you wont feel guilty after eating these vegan whole wheat pancakes.
Vegan Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly
2. Then add the liquid ingredients and stir until it is well blended. If it is really thick add a little water or almond milk. Or if it is a little thin add some more whole wheat flour.
3. (optional) If you want your batter to be completely smooth take an immersion blender and blend until all the oat pieces dissolve into the mixture.
4. Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. When a drop of water dances and sizzles on the surface of the pan it is ready for the pancakes. Make them any size or shape you find desirable and flip when bubbles form on top of the cake. Then cook until underside is brown.
5). Top with fruit, maple syrup, cinnamon, apple butter, or powdered sugar.
Variation: When the pancakes start to bubble add some chopped banana, raisins, or blueberries to put some fruit inside of your cakes.