- 2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
This tangy, delicious recipe for roasted lemony broccoli is a tasty way to prepare broccoli. I’m a huge fan of broccoli, but not everyone is (especially kids). This is a great recipe if you or your kids aren’t a big fan of broccoli because the lemon juice really adds to the flavor. Try it once and you’ll be hooked!
Tip: You can buy broccoli fresh from your produce department (preferably organic if the price is right) and cut it up. The other option you have is to buy it frozen where it already cut into florets and you just have to defrost the broccoli beforehand. Even though frozen broccoli is much cheaper and still has the same amount of nutrition as fresh broccoli, it will not get as crispy in the oven because frozen broccoli has a little more water content inside.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix the broccoli with the salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the broccoli out on the baking sheet. Make sure none of the garlic or spices gets left in the mixing bowl.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Take the broccoli out of the oven and move it to a serving dish.
6. Juice the ½ lemon over the roasted broccoli.
I just pulled my roasted lemony broccoli out of the oven, juiced the lemon, and wow, it sure smelled yummy! What’s awesome about broccoli is that per 100 calories, it has 5g more protein than 100 calories of steak. I know 100 calories of broccoli is a lot, but it is still great to know that the plants you eat have ample amounts of protein to fuel you body. I find this recipe easy to make, and it is a short cook time for broccoli compared to other recipes. I hope you like it!