- 3 oranges, juiced
- 3 bananas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup ice (optional)
- ½ cup Silk Fruit and Protein (optional)
During the summer, a lot of Americans tend to turn to smoothies for a refreshing way to cool and stay full. Any type of smoothie seems to hit the spot on a hot day, but this Tropical Orange Banana Smoothie is one that will make you feel like you’re lounging on a beach in Hawaii. It’s so simple; just follow these easy steps:
- Juice three (3) oranges.
- Pour the fresh-squeezed orange juice (and optional Silk Fruit and Protein) into a blender.
- Place three (3) bananas into the blender and begin to blend.
- If you are using fresh bananas, add one-half cup of ice so the smoothie will be cold, and continue blending. If you add the ice before you start blending, you may over-blend the ice making your smoothie watery.
- Blend until it is smooth to your liking.
- For a little flare, keep a slice of banana or orange and top the smoothie with a garnish.
This yields approximately 24 ounces, or 2-3 servings depending on how big you like your smoothies!
Want to make your smoothie a little bit more nutritious? Combine the smoothie with some protein powder, wheat germ, or as mentioned before, Silk Fruit and Protein, which is an excellent source of calcium and vitamins D and C. Get your $1 off coupon at the bottom of this recipe!
This smoothie serves as a great breakfast to start the day or as a quick pick-me-up. If you want your Tropical Orange Banana Smoothie on the sweet side, let your bananas get a little brown before you make it. However, if your bananas get to be too brown, peel them and throw them in a bag to put in the freezer so you can make banana ice cream to cool off on a hot day! Feel free to check out more of the best smoothie recipes!
NichePage allows users to share product knowledge and experience with the world. Create a niche and help revolutionize the way people shop online. We feature blenders and other household kitchen accessories for online shoppers, and a wealth of knowledge and information.