- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tomato
- ¼ of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
With the big game just around the corner, people are looking for foods to have at their parties. This Game Day Guacamole recipe is the perfect dip to have, and it tastes delicious! It is quick and easy to make and is a good replacement for the usual unhealthy big game party foods. In fact, it not only tastes delicious, but it’s also good for you.
Though avocados may be high in fats, they have a lot of benefits. First, due to their high amount of Vitamin E, they are wonderful for your skin and help clear up any blemishes you may have. Also, this fruit helps to lower your cholesterol and is also heart healthy. Lastly, avocado intake helps prevent strokes and multiple types of cancer. So now that you know all the great benefits you can get from eating delicious guacamole, let’s get started with this very simple recipe.
1. Peel the avocados, and cut them into bite-size pieces.
2. Seed the tomato and dice it.
3. Using a fork, mash the avocados until they’re smooth to your liking. I like to keep it a little chunky, but that’s just my preference.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
5. Salt to taste.
6. Stir and enjoy!
This guacamole recipe only takes a few minutes and everybody at your party will love it. You can serve it with pita chips or baked tortilla chips. Also try out our other big game foods. Let us know if you made it for the Big Game or any other occasion. Enjoy!
Note: If it starts to turn brown, you can add lime juice to stop it from turning brown so quickly or at the beginning when you are cutting the avocados, you can save the seeds and add that to the mix which helps prevent browning.