- 2 15oz cans of no salt black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of Original Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 Small or medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2-1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Chili powder
- Corn tortillas (optional)
- 1-2 Handfuls of spinach
With school starting, things are about to start getting ultra busy. Usually it’s difficult to cook food every night but with this recipe, you can never go wrong. If you go out to a Mexican restaurant, it can tend to be expensive. Instead, I make this Mexican Black Bean recipe on those nights when I don’t have much time and need a healthy meal.
- Heat up your pan on medium heat, then add the chopped red onion, and saute for 4-5mins. Add a little water if the onions stick.
- Add the garlic and continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
- Then add the beans, Rotel, chili powder, cumin, and half of the cilantro you are using as you will add the remaining cilantro before you serve and eat.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook covered for 25 more minutes.
- Add the remaining cilantro and mix it in the beans until it melts into them.
- Throw some corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then serve the beans over the tortillas and enjoy!
- (optional)You can microwave 1-2 handfuls of spinach for about 1 minute to wilt it then add that to your tortillas to give the Mexican black beans a little flare!
You can have these Mexican black bean in corn tortillas or over some brown rice! These beans are good as toppers or by themselves.
These will stay good in the fridge for about 5 days, or you could freeze some so you will have some for emergency situations.