- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
Potatoes are one of my favorite foods! I could eat them every day, so I am always trying to come up with new and healthy ways to prepare them. I love, love love french fries, but cannot indulge too often. So, this recipe is a good alternative that is very satisfying and is still healthy. Here is the recipe for baked french fries!
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I have learned that when cooking on parchment paper, most vegetables will brown without using an oil or spray. I never use oil or cooking spray anymore.
2. Peel your potatoes and start to cut the fries by halving the potato lengthwise. Then, just cut slices that are about 1/4″ thick and continue cutting until all your fries are prepared.
3. Toss the potatoes with salt and pepper, and then line them in a single layer on your baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Bake 40-44 minutes, and then take the tray out of the oven and turn the potatoes over so the other side browns. Only cook the fries on this side for about 15 minutes.
While the baked french fries are cooking, go ahead and make your topping for them.
5. You will only be using the zest of the lemons, not the juice. Zest 2 lemons into a bowl.
6. Chop the parsley and add to the bowl.
8. If you are not making this as a vegan recipe, add the Parmesan cheese to this topping mixture. If you are making these vegan, obviously don’t use the cheese.
9. Mix these ingredients and set aside for the fries to finish cooking. When the fries are all browned to your liking, toss the topping all over them and serve.
This is a baked french fries recipe you can adapt with whatever herbs you like! Rosemary is a very popular herb for potatoes as well. Enjoy!