- 16 oz. whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 4 bell peppers, thinly sliced and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Just under 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, optional
- 2 cucumbers, shaved with a vegetable peeler. optional
This Asian Peanut Noodle Salad is perfect for my family because in my house, we usually cook large meals on Sunday so we have healthy, fresh food that we can take for lunches that week. We prefer to do this rather than buying lunch out because well, we know exactly what goes into our food. When you eat out, you really don’t know what goes into your food. And during the work week, we are busy, so being able to grab our lunch and have a healthy, delicious meal is perfect for us.
Our vegan Asian peanut noodle salad is perfect for our lunches (and even for dinner!), and let me tell you, this recipe does not disappoint! This cold Asian peanut noodle salad is mouthwatering! The first time I made it, I was in food heaven. The sauce in this recipe is just amazing, not only in this dish, but I can think of so many other foods it would taste delicious with.
This is also a recipe that is a hit with the kids! I know next time I see my niece and nephew, they would love this meal. Sometimes, it can be tricky finding foods that the little ones will eat since they can be notoriously picky. However, I guarantee you this dish will be a hit all around from the adults to the kids!
**Side note: This recipe should last approximately 5-6 days without the cucumber. If you’d like to use the cucumber which tastes delicious, it would last 2-3 days. Keep this in mind if you are making it for a dinner versus wanting it for the work week.
- Boil a large pot of water. Cook pasta according to the package. Once the pasta is done cooking, drain, and run under cold water to cool the pasta.
- Chop all the vegetables and mix the carrots, bell pepper, green onion, and mix in a bowl. If you are including the cucumber, add it in with the rest of the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta with the veggies.
- Mix the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar, sriracha, water, sesame oil, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Once mixed, pour the sauce over the pasta and vegetables, and mix.
- Refrigerate for an hour (if possible). If you don’t have time, that’s ok. It will still taste great, but if you have time, it tastes even better chilled.
- Top with peanuts (and cilantro if you’d like) and enjoy!
Share the above image in Pinterest and let us know what you think! If you like this noodle salad, give our Double Green Vegan Pesto a try!