Posted by BerryRipe on Dec - 20 - 2016

No matter how you’ve managed to lose weight, whether it was from a special diet, a running regiment, fitness tips from Beldt Labs, or a combination of factors, you need to continue with your healthy lifestyle in order to keep that weight off.

For some people, losing weight isn’t really the problem; it’s keeping the weight off. Getting back to those bad habits will restart the cycle all over again.

Prevent that from happening with these 7 tips:

Be careful when restricting calories – One of the reasons why many people end up gaining weight right back is that they restricted too many calories during the diet. A healthy lifestyle is key to keeping of excess fat more so than any type of “diet”. Keep the calorie intake down a bit by opting for healthy foods; don’t outright starve yourself. A moderate amount of exercise is ideal as well.

Eat five or six smaller meals a day instead of three large ones – People who “eat small, frequent meals”, according to this Huffington Post article, “tend to eat better and weigh less”. This makes sense. Consuming fewer calories more frequently helps to prevent hunger pangs, which will result in less overeating.

dash diet

Be consistent with your meals – Whether you choose to eat three large meals a day or five or six smaller ones, be consistent. Eat them at the same time everyday. It is not a good idea to skip a meal or snack. It disrupts your hunger cues at increases the risk of eating something you should probably be avoiding. Plus, it’s easier on your body and metabolism when you eat on time.

Keep the “80/20” rule in mind LiveStrong.com explains that the 80/20 diet rule is “eating nutritious foods 80% of the time and allowing yourself to indulge the other 20%”. So for every 1,000 calories you consume, 800 can be completely healthy and 200 can be a bit of cheating.  Be careful with the 20%, though; don’t indulge yourself on unhealthy foods that you have struggled to give up on in the past.

Get support by people you trust – It’s easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you have plenty of social support. Limit the time you spend with people who won’t respect your diet. You know the type: “Come onnnn, it won’t hurt you to try this dessert!!!!!” If you can’t get enough support with your friends or relatives, join a diet or exercise support group.

Make sure you’re getting plenty of sleep – Lack of sleep causes problems for the entire body. When we don’t get enough sleep, we have to eat more food to stay energized. Simply missing out on sleep an hour or two here and there won’t be too much of a problem, but allowing it to become a regular habit will become unhealthy overtime.

Get all of the Vitamins and nutrients in your diet – While supplements can be helpful, they’re just supplements. Don’t depend solely on them for getting the nutrients you need. Aim to eat a balanced diet with the essential Vitamins and nutrients such as protein, fiber, calcium, creatine, etc. Creatine is essential if you are exercising and trying to build muscle. Just don’t go overboard with it. Learn more about creatine side effects and benefits at Beldtlabs.com.

multivitamins

Preventing that weight you lost from coming back doesn’t have to be difficult, just as long as you have the right mindset and consistent eating habits.

Michael Peggs is the founder of Marccx Media, a digital marketing agency specializing in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM). Before Marcxx, Peggs worked at Google in business development, forming digital media and advertising partnerships in the United States and Asia. He is also a contributor to The Huffington Post, FastCompany and Business Insider as well as and podcaster, hosting the iTunes Top 10 New & Noteworthy Podcast You University. 

Categories: Lifestyle & Wellness

Leave a Reply


 

Recent Recipes

Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings

Posted on Jan - 29 - 2017

0 Comment

Maple and Brown Sugar...

Posted on Jan - 1 - 2017

21 Comments

Holiday Vegan Cherry Pie...

Posted on Nov - 27 - 2016

15 Comments

Vegan Chicken-less Noodle Soup

Posted on Oct - 10 - 2016

3 Comments

Recent posts

Writing about Fitness: Rules,...

Posted on Sep - 19 - 2017

0 Comment

30 Weirdly Fascinating Health...

Posted on Sep - 8 - 2017

0 Comment

A Healthier You 101:...

Posted on Sep - 7 - 2017

0 Comment

Sponsors

  • Gardein
  • Mezzetta
  • Swappable
  • Whole Foods